Sip From Your Couch: Women in Wine
Time & Location
About the Event
[Please Note: The winemakers are women, but all drinkers welcome. Date night, ladies night… it will be fun for all! Cheers.]
Celebrate wines from some of the newest and most exciting wineries. These extraordinary women are making waves within the industry. Their wines are as varied as their makers, representing the growing number of different varietals and styles, showcasing the amazing talent coming from all over the world. Come join us for an unforgettable afternoon of community, food, music and wine. Partial proceeds from this event will support women in wine scholarships and/or an social justice organization.
Here’s how we’ll make this Virtual Wine Tasting Party happen!
- Wine Expert Lea Faith Williams owner of Let’s Talk Wine will be guiding us for a LIVE wine tasting via ZOOM from 3:00pm - 4:30pm EST. She will lead a tasting and exploration of five unique vineyards/winemakers who have become pioneers in wine production, including:
McBride Sisters - Robin and Andréa created the McBride Sisters Wine Collection to unite their parallel lives and passions. Now the largest African-American-owned wine company in the United States.
Aslina Wines - Ntsiki Biyela is the 1st black women winemaker in South Africa.
Stuyvesant Champagne - This Champagne is made by a Brooklynite! M. Robinson desired her own brand of champagne to serve as the private house label for her upcoming champagne bar.
Brown Estate - This Napa Valley winery is owned by a black family with Deneen Brown, President.
Theopolis Vineyards - A small lot vineyard and hand-crafted winery located in California’s prestigious Yorkville Highlands of the Anderson Valley. It is owned and by winemaker Theodora Lee
- The wines will be paired with antipasti/cheese suggestions by chef Keesha O'Galdez. Guests will take home menus, and wine tasting notes.
- BYOB(W), everyone will have to purchase their own wine prior to the tasting, buy none, one, or more, no wine snobbery allowed! If you need a reccomendations please let us know.
- We will discuss how to write a tasting note, using everyone's wines (Think of the movie Uncorked)
- Once you purchase your ticket, you will get a confirmation email with the zoom link to join the class. (The directions for tuning in will be sent in the link).
- Tune in at 3pm EST, grab your wine, make a cheese board + your comfy pants or ball gown — then, chime in, socialize with your peeps + meet other like minded people that love wine, too — all without leaving your own couch!
- We’ll taste the wines one by one while we share quintessential tips and stories about the wine
- This is a 90 min - two hour event — so make of it what you would like. The time will fly, trust me!
Only 16 Tickets Avaliable! This tasting is a prelude to the taping of the MProper Mimi podcast episode "Black Women in the Wine Industry"
NOTICE OF RECORDING AND PHOTOGRAPHY By attending this event, you consent to photography, video and audio recording and its/their release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction on websites, social media, and other distribution methods. By entering this Zoom conference, you waive any claims for payment or royalties in connection with the use of this media. Some clips of the tasting will be included in the MProper Mimi Podcast. If you would not like to be recorded please let us know.
- General Admission$30+$0.75 Service fee$30+$0.75 Service fee0$0