In this audio clip I explain the term 'cream' and how to use it in the following recipe below.
Hot Buttered Rum Cocktail Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2002
Prep Time: 10 min Inactive Prep Time: 1 min Cook Time: 10 min Level: Easy Serves: 10 to 12 servings Ingredients
1) In a bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt.
2) Refrigerate until almost firm.
3) Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the butter mixture into 12 small mugs.
4) Pour about 3 ounces of rum into each mug (filling about halfway).
5) Top with boiling water (to fill the remaining half), stir well, and serve immediately.
© 2010 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved