We can fry anything. So why not turkey. The first time I was introduced to fried turkey was about ten years ago by DJ Roc's father who owns E&G Cajun Bakery & Deli in Rochester, NY. OMG, it was one of the greatest things I tasted. If you haven't tried fried turkey I highly recommended it. The skin is crispy while the meat is moist and flavorful.
1) Clean turkey inside and out. Allow turkey to sit out until room temperature approx 30 minutes
2) For the most flavorful birds. inject the turkey with your favorite marinade and/or rub it with a dry spice rub before cooking.
3) Fill your syringe with marinade and inject it into both sides of the breast, the legs and the thighs of the turkey. Don't be afraid to move the needle around to get the marinade into the whole bird. Sometimes it's easier to get the thighs from the inside of the cavity
4) Heat oil and maintain the temperature of the oil at 350 degrees F (175 degrees cc ) and place the turkey in the oil. It should be placed in pot neck end first. Slowly lower into hot oil to completely cover turkey.
5) Fry turkey for 3 ½ minutes per pound
6) Remove turkey from oil and drain on paper towels