Lightly adapted from Super Natural Every Day. Heidi Swanson recommends blueberries or huckleberries or a mix. I topped mine with caramalized bananas and put them in a texas sized muffin tin. (Gluten Free if you have gluten free oats)
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup sliced almonds, toasted and chopped
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon fine-grain salt
2 cups milk
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 large egg
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 bananas, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
1 1/2 cups blueberries or a mix of berries
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Butter the inside of a square 8-inch baking dish.
2. In a bowl, combine the oats, half of the walnuts, the baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
3. In another bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, the milk, egg, half of the butter, and the vanilla.
4. Spread a single layer of bananas across the bottom of the buttered baking dish. Sprinkle about two-thirds of the berries on top. Cover all that with the oat mixture and then drizzle the milk mixture over the oats. Scatter the remaining berries and walnuts over the top.
5. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, until the top is golden and the oats are set. Let cool for a few minutes. Drizzle with the remaining melted butter and serve.