I watch Rachel Ray, but most of her meals are not "30 minutes'. I wish I had a prep person, so when I come into the kitchen all I had to do was cook. I read in my twitter feed (feel free to follow @thegourmetdiva) that majority of folks dont use recipes when cooking dinner. Do you?
I had all the ingredients on hand, instead of kale I used spinach. This recipe is great because you don't have to worry about measuring and being perfect, its also great to feed a big family. I cut this in 1/2 and had enough for 2 and some leftovers for lunch. Now its time to make dessert.
Pasta with Kale and White Beans (Whole Foods Market)
6 strips of turkey bacon (optional)
1 bag 365 Organic Value Whole Wheat pasta
1 container of shallots or 1 yellow onion
1 15 oz 365 Everyday value Cannellini beans
1 Bunch Kale
1) Cut the bacon into pieces and saute them seperately from the main dish.
2) Cook the pasta according to the package directions. (Remember you want you pasta al dente - firm to the bite)
3) Meanwhile, finely chop the shallots or onion.
4) Drain the beans and saute them with the shallots or onion, and season with a little crushed rosemary or oregano.
5) Chop the kale and put on top of the bean mixture, then turn off the heat and let it steam while youwait for the pasta to cook.
6) Mix all together with a dab of butter and serve with a generos sprinkling of grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese. (I prefer 4C cheese homestyle)